I’m sitting here in my office looking out the window. As I sit here and type this, I wonder how many of these vehicles moving North and South on Cedar Avenue (and it’s been literally 100’s of cars) could really use our help in buying, selling or investing in real estate? YOU cannot tell me that a good percentage of these travelers don’t need our help! As national statistics claim; “13,000+ houses” on average will sell across the US of A today and roughly “600+ homes” will sell in Minnesota. I don’t care what the media wants to say! Don’t care that for SOME renting may be a better option than buying. BULLY for them!! Or the economists claim that the key is job growth! Or, perhaps it’s a conspiracy theory by the Chinese, therefore we need to control the value of the yen vs. the dollar. Come On! Are You Kidding Me!!
Here’s What I care about. What I care about is YOU! We ALL have our work cut out for us. Now and in the foreseeable future. That’s all good. So let’s make it easy! Let’s work less, charge more, pick those we want to truly work with and get ourselves organized!!
How do we do this? Simple:
1. Action or Written Business Plan
- Keep simple but get a focus.
2. Think BIG and Work Small
- Go back to the basics! Don’t try to help everyone!
- Refer business out of your area.
- Focus on Who You Know and What You Know.
- Sell Dreams and Sell Lifestyle.
3. We are NOT Stock Brokers, Investment Advisors
(unless you are doing investment real estate).
- We Bring Wishes to Reality.
- We Help people with their “Life Planning.”
4. We are and can Become Our Client’s Trusted Real Estate Advisor and Friend!
5. Believe we are worth more!
- Average time with buyer’s is going up.
- Average time of listing on market is increasing.
- Commissions are going down.
- Opportunity of immediate income potential!
- Cover marketing costs.
- Client’s have “skin” in the transaction.
- Control upfront costs and expenses.
Dang! I’m not even ranting yet!!